Archive for September 2010
If you are planning to pursue a sonography degree, then there are a few things that you should do in order to get yourself on the right track. These are going to help you to get your sonography degree and start working in the field of sonography.
• Find a good school – First, you are going to have to find yourself a good school where you can get your sonography degree. You can do research online and talk to people in the healthcare field for advice on good schools to attend.
• Secure Funding – Second, you should secure funding in order to get your sonography degree. You may be able to qualify for grants or financial assistance, so do your research online and find out what you can get.
• Study – Second, after you have gotten into a good school, make sure that you keep up with your studies, especially if you are using grant money from the government to pay for your schooling. A lot of grants require that you maintain a certain grade point average in order to continue funding.
• Graduate – Third, after you have studied you want to graduate. The better you do in school the better chance you have of getting a good paying job with your sonography degree.
A sonography degree is something that can ensure that you have a job for many years to come. You just have to make sure that you are serious about getting the degree and that you work hard to get good grades.
• The first thing that you want to do become an obstetric sonographer is to get a math and science background and/or get some experience in another profession in the health field. Some of the training programs are looking for applicants that have this background type and they take them before they take other people.
• The second step to become an obstetric sonographer is to get training in either a two year or four year degree program from a college that has been accredited. Make sure that your classes include basic physics, anatomy, medical ethics, instrumentation, and patient care.
• Register with the proper registry and pass your required examinations, along with keeping up with your continuing education classes so that you are aware of all the new technologies and changes.
• Make sure that you have good coordination for quality images and work on communication skills, along with learning how to select the top images for storage, and how to calculate, analyze the results, and maintain and adjust the equipment.
• Know that you are going to be on your feet for a long time and that you are going to have to sometimes pick up and shift patients who are disabled. You will be working in a medical facility or a hospital dark room.
If you are looking for a profession that is rewarding and that brings joy to patients, you might want to become an obstetric sonographer.
Are you looking for an exciting career? Are you looking for a career that will still be here in ten, twenty years? Are you looking for one that is going to allow you to make some good money and help people at the same time? Then you should think about training to become a sonographer or an ultrasound technician. Many people wonder what is the difference between these two job titles. They are the same.
Sonographers are specialists that use equipment to look at a person’s body to see whether there is anything wrong, to look for cancer, and to monitor a baby’s growth during pregnancy. They are able to see problems that are in a patient’s body without the doctor having to go into the patient’s body through surgery.
Another great thing that sonographers do is that they are able to give the parents of an unborn baby the first look at their new baby. Imagine the joy that the parents will feel when you give them the chance to see their son or daughter for the first time. Sonographers are also able to look at an unborn baby to see if there are any problems that the doctor should know about.
Sonography is a profession that helps doctors to find out problems that they may not have known about otherwise. They let parents see their new baby long before it enters the world. It gives doctors information without invasive surgery.
Sonography is a popular career choice for many people. It pays well, it is interesting, and it’s a job that will always be needed. Is it the career for you?
One of the most interesting careers in the allied health field is that of a sonographer. But what is a sonographer? What will you do if you become one? How much do they make? Here is some general information about what you can look forward to if you choose this career.
If you decide to pursue this career, you will be required to get training in the field of sonography. If you want to make a good salary, the best option is to get a Bachelor of Science degree, which will give you a good broad range of between $30-$100K a year.
If you become a diagnostic medical sonographer, what you will be doing is that you’ll be using sound waves to look inside the body and diagnose any illnesses that a patient might have without the doctor having to go in and do exploratory surgery. One of the best jobs that a sonographer has is that they monitor pregnancy and allow parents to see their unborn child.
If someone is looking for a job that is in high demand, the job of a sonographer is something that continues to be in high demand. It’s estimated that until 2018, the sonographer job market is going to go up to 18%, so this is a job that you can pursue and know there will be a job for you.
Whether you are monitoring a pregnancy or looking for illness in a patient, you will have a rewarding career as a sonographer.
For any new mother who wants to breastfeed her baby and is having trouble getting started, a lactation consultant is very often a saving grace. But how do lactation consultants get started? What does the lactation consultant training involve?
The truth is that there are three different paths that someone can choose from if they want to become a lactation consultant.
- The most common pathway requires the person who is becoming the consultant to have some job experience in the healthcare field working with children or moms, or someone who works with support group for breastfeeding moms that has certain criteria that they have to meet. This first path requires the applicant to complete a training program for lactation consultant that’s geared toward breastfeeding education management, ethics, and any other requirements for continuing education.
- The next pathway requires the candidate to have completed and graduated from a properly accredited program in breastfeeding and human lactation. The program has to have been a yearlong and must also have included clinical assignments as well as the clinical portion that was required.
- The final pathway has the requirement that candidates have to complete a plan for lactation education and will be supervised by a minimum of one consultant that has been recertified. The plan is required to be approved by the consultant before the candidate starts the clinical component.
Although all three pathways aren’t approved around the world, all three are approved in the countries of North America. Lactation consultants are instrumental in helping new mothers with nursing their babies and giving them advice.
When people hear the word ultrasound, they usually think of pregnant women seeing their baby for the first time. But the truth is that ultrasound is something that is widely used in all medical fields, not just obstetrics, and it’s a much sought after skill.
If you are thinking of pursuing this career, here are the steps to take on how to become an ultrasound technician.
• Start in High School – The first step starts before you even get to college. You want to study things like math, English, and life and physical sciences in high school. It’s also a good idea to become familiar with medical terms.
• Continuing Education – The second step involves going to either a community college or a vocational school to get a 2 year degree in ultrasound technology. Make sure that the program that you are taking is accredited by what is known as the Joint Review Committee on Educational Diagnostic Medical Sonography.
• Register – The third step is to become registered as an Ultrasound Technologist with the association for American Radiological and Diagnostic Medical Sonographer after you have graduated.
• Job Hunt – Finally, you want to go job hunting to see what positions are open for ultrasound technicians. You can look in both doctor’s offices and in hospitals. The Internet is a great place to start.
Although ultrasound is used a lot during pregnancy, it’s also an essential diagnostic test to help doctors determine what is wrong with a patient. That is why ultrasound technicians are needed all over the country.